Internship applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Type: Internship (Unpaid)
Location: Washington, DC
Join the Newseum’s development team for an exciting and challenging opportunity! Interns at the Newseum are part of a dynamic work environment and participate in many engaging events and programs at one of the most popular museums in DC. Interns have the opportunity to work closely with a small staff, and are involved in a variety of museum projects.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Bachelor's degree or current enrollment in a college or university as an upper-level undergraduate or graduate student.
• Familiarity with data systems and software programs: Microsoft Office, Raiser's Edge and searching resources (such as Google and Lexis-Nexis).
• Availability to work some evening events.
• Coursework and/or demonstrated interest in one or more of these fields: journalism, computer or library science, museum studies, arts or business administration.
• Interest in fundraising.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Mature judgment, discretion and professionalism in communicating information and determining reliability of sources.
• Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse and fast-paced team environment.
Interns must be available to work at least 2-3 days a week, but scheduling is flexible.
To apply, please send your resume, a letter of interest and the contact information for two references to:
Newseum Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach materials as ONE document and label it LastName_FirstName.
For questions, please contact Andrew Sloan at email@example.com.
The Newseum and Newseum Institute are Equal Opportunity Employers.