Internship applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Type: Internship (Unpaid)
Location: Washington, DC
Join the Newseum’s development team for an exciting and challenging opportunity! Interns at the Newseum are part of a dynamic work environment and participate in many engaging events and programs at one of the most popular museums in DC. Interns have the opportunity to work closely with a small staff, and are involved in a variety of museum projects.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Assist in planning and executing VIP, donor and member events.
• Support the membership and donor relations teams with payments and benefits fulfillment.
• Assist with the production of gift and sponsorship stewardship reports.
• Conduct research and assist with the organization and storage of prospect and member information.
• Help maintain an organized and comprehensive data filing, entry and retrieval system.
• Provide general department support.
• Bachelor's degree or current enrollment in a college or university as an upper-level undergraduate or graduate student.
• Familiarity with data systems and software programs: Microsoft Office, Raiser's Edge and searching resources (such as Google and Lexis-Nexis).
• Availability to help coordinate and prepare evening events.
• Coursework and/or demonstrated interest in one or more of these fields: journalism, computer or library science, museum studies, arts or business administration.
• Interest in fundraising and event planning.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Mature judgment, discretion and professionalism in communicating information and determining reliability of sources.
• Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse and fast-paced team environment.
Interns must be available to work at least 2-3 days a week, but scheduling is flexible.
Application Deadline: Monday, May 1, 2018
To apply, please send your resume, a letter of interest and the contact information for two references to:
Newseum Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Please attach materials as ONE document and label it LastName_FirstName.
For questions, please contact Mandie Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Newseum and Newseum Institute are Equal Opportunity Employers.