Internship applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Type: Internship (Unpaid)
Location: Washington, DC
Interns will assist the Education Department with research for online and on-site curriculum for grades 3-college. They will be required to adhere to Education Department practices and procedures.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Work with the Curriculum Manager to conduct web research in historic newspaper and other databases to identify primary sources for use in current and future curriculum materials
* Handle student and teacher requests for research assistance for National History Day and other projects
* Assist with creating, organizing and maintaining resources for NewseumED.org and onsite programming (including Learning Center classes, family days, gallery guides and teacher professional development workshops); then prepare select findings for publication
* Raiser’s Edge data entry and analysis
* Daily office tasks
* Other duties as assigned
* Interest in history or a research-based career
* Interest in education or museums
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Familiarity with internet research methods and sources
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Photoshop and WordPress
* Ability to work effectively in a diverse and fast-paced team environment
* Mature judgment, discretion and professionalism in communicating information and determining reliability of sources.
* Interns must be available to work 15-20 hours per week, but scheduling is flexible.
* Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or possess unrestricted work authorization documentation
Please send your resume, a letter of interest and two references to:
Newseum Human Resources Department
Please attach these materials as ONE document or PDF and name it FirstName_LastName.
The Newseum and Newseum Institute are Equal Opportunity Employers.