Internship applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Type: Internship (Unpaid)
Location: Washington, DC
Interns will assist the Education Department with enriching and extending the Newseum experience for learners of all ages by creating educational materials for online and on-site programs. They will be required to adhere to Education Department practices and procedures.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Assist with all aspects of Newseum Education’s social media presence including: researching topics in the Newseum archives; posting original content; writing blog posts; monitoring current events and retweeting relevant posts; engaging with followers; and analyzing trends for maximum impact.
* Assist with Newseum education department programs and online resources by developing and updating activities, conducting outreach to relevant constituents and coordinating logistics
* Research potential school and community partners and suggest programming ideas for collaboration
* Work with the Education Director and Outreach Coordinator to identify, develop and sustain partnerships with teachers, school districts and educational organizations that align with the Newseum’s history, civics and media literacy curriculum and programs
* Assist with creating, organizing and maintaining
* Raiser’s Edge data entry and analysis
* Daily office tasks
* Other duties as assigned
* Interest in education, museums, marketing or communications
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong background in writing text for social media
* Experience with the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Photoshop, Canva and HTML
* Skill in iMovie, Windows Movie Maker and Lightbox is a plus
* Ability to work effectively in a diverse and fast-paced team environment
* Mature judgment, discretion and professionalism in communicating information and determining reliability of sources.
* Interns must be available to work 15-20 hours per week, but scheduling is flexible.
* Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or possess unrestricted work authorization documentation
Please send your resume, a letter of interest and two references to:
Newseum Human Resources Department
Please attach these materials as ONE document or PDF and name it FirstName_LastName.
The Newseum and Newseum Institute are Equal Opportunity Employers.