Internship applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Type: Internship (Unpaid)
Location: Washington, DC
The production assistant intern will work with producers and editors in the Exhibits and Programs department to develop video content for Newseum exhibits, digital platforms and internal use.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Perform post-production duties including: editing, digitizing, encoding and media management. May act as assistant editor and/or sit in on the post-production process with a staff editor.
• Provide captions and descriptive audio to edited videos.
• Assist producers with various production duties, including story and archival material research.
• Provide hands-on assistance with in-house and location video shoots.
• Develop, produce and edit video content for online and social media use.
• Organize and archive media assets for inclusion into digital media library.
• Knowledge and technical skills as an editor, with familiarity with Premiere and After Effects.
• Familiarity and experience with DSLR cameras and field shooting a plus.
• Available 18-20 hours per week.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
The Newseum and Newseum Institute are Equal Opportunity Employers.