Love people and the news? We need your help!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Newseum where our volunteers provide both Orientation and Three-Point tours to our visitors. Three-Point tours are 10- to 20-minute tours in a single gallery that link together three artifacts, objects or images sharing a common theme. Orientation tours are 60-minute building tours designed to provide visitors with navigation information as well as a brief overview of the exhibits. These tours are structured, not scripted, allowing you considerable flexibility to design informative tours of particular interest to you that can be modified to meet the needs/interests of your audiences.
- Continuing education on exhibits and content for life-long learners.
- Interaction with people from around the world.
- Being 'in the know' at one of the city's most popular museums.
- Meeting motivated people who share common interests.
- Receiving discounts in the Food Section, Newseum stores and The Source by Wolfgang Puck.
- Free annual allocation of tickets.
- Invitations/discounts for special events.
- Invitation to Volunteer and Operations Departments events.
- If you itemize deductions on your taxes, you may be able to claim a tax deduction for transportation costs—including Metro, VRE, Marc and parking/gas expenses.